RAFTS

Dearest Heather,

I wanted to start out by letting you know that I am always here for you. I have been here for you through thick and thin. Over the last two years there hasn’t been anything I wouldn’t do for you. This being said, I have a minor complaint. I feel as though I have been way over worked this semester. I thought last semester was bad, with all the homework and the heavy books and everything. But this semester has been so much worse. We only have class three days a week, but I might as well be working all day every day. We start out on Tuesday mornings with stuff for two classes, but it might as well be enough for a full day. I carry a three-ring binder and a hardcover book for an education class and a stuffed folder and a book for English. To make it worse, you make me carry all of this all the way across campus. And the entire walk, all you do is complain about how heavy I am for you to carry. Did you ever stop to think about what I might be going through? You have handles to carry me with, but I am holding onto everything with just a thin piece of fabric. All week I have to go through this. My straps are wearing thin and my bottom is all scuffed up from being dropped on the floor. I know you do your best to take care of me and I know that it’s not your fault that I have so much to carry. I just have to say that I can’t wait for next semester and student teaching. Hopefully we will not have so much to carry to and from school every day. I know you’re not trying to be mean by making me carry all of this stuff; I just wanted to make you aware of how much you’re making me do. Next time you head off to class, try to remember what I go through and maybe think twice before you stuff me extra full.

Thank you for listening to me,

Your Backpack